I was totally shocked by a news broadcast I heard a few weeks back about a Michigan woman that suddenly had stomach pains, didn’t know she was pregnant and delivered a full term baby right in her bathtub! The 911 operator was as shocked as the new mom and dad, but all worked out and baby and mom were fine.
The first thought I had was…How in the world can a woman carry a baby for 9 months and not know it? Then I thought…OMG what would it be like to be “instant mom”… kid free one day, mom the next, without any preparation what-so-ever! It took me 9 months to be fully prepared for parenthood. I can’t imagine just having 9 hours!
1.Crib: Babies sleep between 16 – 20 hours per day, so you’ll need a safe and comfy crib for naps and night time.
2. Diapers and Wipes: Your little super pooper will make lots of messes, so you’ll need lots of diapers and wipes.
3. Bottle and formula or Beast Feed: All babies need to eat, “obviously”, so you’ll need to decide if you’re bottle feeding or breast feeding and get the necessities.
4. Car Seat: Hospitals won’t let you take your baby home unless you have a car seat in the car when you pull up to the curb, so be prepared.
5. Baby Clothes: You’ll need newborn clothes for your baby to wear home from the hospital. Make sure they’re weather appropriate, so if it’s summer get lighter clothes, if it’s winter, get warmer clothes.
6. Healthcare Kit:Just incase baby gets the sniffles or has a fever, you’ll definitely want to get yourself a baby healthcare kit, so you can take care of your baby’s ailments when they arise.
Those are the 6 most basic items needed to make sure that baby’s first days at home are comfortable and safe. By having those items at hand, you’ll meet all of your baby’s immediate needs including; Hunger, warmth, safety, health, comfort and place to rest, ensuring that your little angel is happy right from the start.
- Baby Shower Game: Match Celebrities with Odd Baby Names
- One of Simply Baby Furniture’s Favorite Baby Stories!
- Baby’s Arrival: Things You Should Take to the Hospital
- What to Do When Baby Says No, No, No
- Baby Gender Prediction Party Ideas