No matter what type of high chair you choose, it’s important to know how to keep your baby safe during meal time. Here is a list of our top 7 high chair safety tips for concerned parents.
- Lock Everything - Make sure all locking devices are locked when you place your baby in the high chair. This will vary depending on which high chair you own. This could include high chair leg locks, wheel locks, tray locks etc…
- Keep High Chair from Falling Over - To keep the high chair from tipping, never let older children pull or hang on the high chair, keep the high chair away from counter tops, walls or table where your baby can grasp or kick, and don’t move or lift the high chair while your baby is in it.
- Never Make Adjustments When Baby is in the High Chair - Make sure to never adjust the high chair seat height or the back angle while baby is in the high chair.
- Use Restraining Straps – Make sure that your child is always securely strapped into the high chair to avoid falls.
- Make Sure Baby Stays Seated – Never allow your baby to stand up in the high chair.
- Stay Close to the High Chair – Never leave your baby unattended during meal time.
- Inspect the High Chair Often – Make sure that you frequently check to ensure that your baby’s high chair is still sturdy and safe.
Final Tip! Always get a high chair that meets all US safety standards to guarantee that your baby will have the safest mealtimes possible. One high chair that is baby-safe and incredibly durable is the Stokke Tripp Trapp Classic Collection High Chair. It’s not only great for babies. It also is built to last from baby stage through toddlerhood to teen years and into adulthood. This sturdy high chair is so versatile that it’s a great investment that will last as long as you need it. The image above says it all!
- Important Crib Safety Tips
- Important Stroller Safety Tips
- Tips on Keeping Baby Safe in the Crib
- Attention Parents! September is Baby Safety Month
- Baby’s Safety Comes First with the North Gates Superyard XT